Three villas, now flats and offices. Mid 19th century.
Needle factory and owner’s villa, adjacent houses. Mid 19th century villa and early 20th century needle factory.
Edward Street / Bromsgrove Road
Industrial and domestic buildings including two mid 19th century villas,and the Ivy Needle Works of Abel Morrall Ltd.?
Boxwood House (no 16) etc.
Chapel Street, Astwood Bank
Methodist church. Dated 1863 by Alfred Smallwood of Redditch and extended 1876 by E. A. Day and again in 1907.
Bandstand. 1898, altered mid and late 20th century.
Row of three houses. Mid 19th century with mid and late 20th century alterations and large addition to rear
Large town house, now offices. Mid 19th century with mid 20th century alterations and addition.
Row of five shops with residential accommodation above, Dated 1887 with mid and late 20th century alterations
Bank (originally Gloucestershire Bank). 1867 with mid 20th century alterations and additions.
Church Green West/Unicorn Hill
Group of shops with living accommodation above.? Mid/late 19th century, altered mid and late 20th century.
Former Scientific and Literary Institute. Dated 1885 and by G.H. Cox of Birmingham.
Former Library & Scientific Institute
Hospital. Dated 1894. By William Henman.
Large and imposing interwar roadside public house designed by a local architect of note that makes a strong statement on the outskirts of the town.
Former Post Office. Built in 1888, and refurbished as the County Court in 1990.
The County Court Building
Baptist Chapel and adjoining Sunday School. 1922-3 by Wills & Son of Derby and built by C. G. Huins & Sons
Baptist Chapel/Sunday School
Unionist club, now Masonic hall and club. 1908 by John Johnson.
38a, Evesham Road, Headless Cross
Water tower, 1881-3, converted to dwelling late 20th century
347 Evesham Road, Crabbs Cross
House. Probably late 19th century, extended and altered mid 20th century and early 21st century
Evesham Road, Headless Cross
Methodist church. Founded 1827 and rebuilt 1858, 1873 and finally in 1897 by Ewen Harper of Birmingham.
Feckenham Road, Astwood Bank
Former spring factory of Yeomam's & Sons. Mid 19th century
(Main Building) Grove Street
School. Dated 1832 by H. W. Simister of Birmingham.
Public House. 1938 by Cecil E.M.Filimore of Birmingham.
Former Primitive Methodist Chapel. 1890 by M. J. Butcher of Birmingham, with front end rebuilt in the late 20th C.
Former spring factory of Herbert Terry & Sons. 1912 probably by F.W.B.Yorke, and extended 1930-2.
Former hotel, now in various commercial uses. Late 19th century
No 10 Shop, now offices, with accommodation above. Mid/late 19th century with mid 20th century alterations.
Almshouses. Dated 1896 by C. G. Huins & Sons of Redditch
Public House. Probably late 18th century with an earlier core.
Former needle mills, (the Crescent Manufacturing Company), now apartments.
Public House. Late 19th century with some mid/late 20th century alterations.
Rectory Road, Headless Cross
Lychgate to burial ground. Mid 19th century
Cinema, now restaurant. 1937 by Ernest S. Roberts for Mortimer Dent with late 20th century alterations.
Former spring factory with masters house. Mid 19th Century, now converted to apartments.
The present mill buildings date from 1570, it was used as needle factory from 1729 to 1958. Now a needle museum.
Cemetery Road, Southcrest
Compact and pleasing Chapel built in1854-5 by W. J. Hopkins on a steep site in the old Redditch cemetery, Southcrest.
Cemetery Road/Plymouth Road
War memorial. 1927 by the Bromsgrove Guild. An excellent example of its type by a prominent firm of local craftsmen that forms a landmark feature
Chapel Street, Headless Cross
Methodist Chapel built in 1867-8 by Alfred Smallwood of Brick in Flemish bond with blue and yellow brick dressings.
Primitive Methodist Church
Ipsley Parish church built in 1869-70 by F. Preedy for Baroness Windsor.
Church Road, Astwood Bank
Board school. 1876-7 by E.A.Day, enlarged 1894 with some mid/late 20th alterations and early 21st century hall.
Astwood Bank First School
Church Road/Evesham Road, Headless Cross
Church Road, Astwood Bank
Church St Matthias & St George
1154 Evesham Road, Astwood Bank
Anchor Works (Vulco Factory)
Evesham Road, Crabbs Cross
Harry Taylor First School
Cruise Hill Lane, Ham Green
Ceadar Park Road, Batchley
Swansbrook Lane, Feckenham
Sandycroft Wellbeing Centre
Public House with range of outbuildings typical of the mid 19th century. Brick and slate but not unique.
Evesham Street, Town Centre
Former United Methodist Church, then a community centre but now demolished. Included as an example of our disappearing heritage.
Public House. Late 18th century, but was reconstructed in 1933.
Woodland Cottage Public House
Cistercian monastery, founded in 1138, dissolved in 1538. Visible ruins and excavations.
Rare Victorian street furniture.
Barn and stable. C17 with mid-C19 alterations.
House. C17 with mid-C19 and mid-C20 alterations. Timber-framed faced in whitened brick; plain tiled roofs
Needle mill, now factory and dwelling. Mid-C18 with mid-C20 alterations.
Paper mill, now warehouse. C17 on earlier site; remodeled late C18 with mid-19/mid-C20 alterations and additions
Farmhouse, now house. Late C18 with mid-C19 alterations and additions.
Parish church. C13 with C14 and C15 alterations and additions; further alteration in 1785; restored 1867
High Street, Astwood bank
Needle factory and attached house. c1810, with mid and late C19 and early and mid C20 additions and alterations.
Needle and fish-hook factory with adjoining house (Samuel Thomas,factory owner) c1840,with mid-C20 alterations
Farmhouse, now house. c1600 with mid-C19 and mid-C20 alterations and additions.
The Fountain, at the northern end of the Church Green Gardens presented by Bartleet to the town to commemorate the coming of the waterworks to the town.
Hall-house, used as outbuilding, now dwelling. c1550, altered and extended early C17. restored late C20.
Small country house. 1893. Designed by Temple Moore
Farmhouse, now house. c1600; restored late C20. Timber-framed with painted brick infill
Farmhouse, divided into two dwellings. Late C16 with mid-C19 and mid-C20 alterations and additions.
House, now three dwellings. C16 origins; remodeled mid-C18 with mid-C19/mid-C20 alterations and additions.
The remains of a medieval moated site at Moon's Moat.
Theatre. 1913, by Bertie Crewe; extended circa 1960s.
Parish Church for part of Redditch.
Chapel at Bordesley dedicated to St Stephen at least as early as 1245. It was demolished in 1805.
Redditch Parish Church built in 1855 by WT Hemming with later improvements.
House, used as rectory, now hotel. C17, remodeled c1812 with mid-C19 alterations and additions.?
House, now offices. Late C18 with mid-C19 and mid-C20 alterations.
Church Green East, Town Centre
Millward Square, Kingfisher Centre
South portal of the Tunnel which took the railway line south from Redditch though Studly, Alcester and on to Aschurch. The line was closed in he 1960's
Disused Railway Tunnel (South Portal)
Former Bridge Street school, now known as Holyoakes Field First School
Site of Alcock's factory, now demolished. Adjacent factory was hat of James' and is of similar design.
Former Royal Enfield factory, demolished and rebuilt as industrial units on the Enfield Industrial estate.
Former site of the "Batteries" latterly ALCAD's. Site now occupied by B&Q and Matalan.
Site of Millwards "Washford Mills" factory, not to be confusedd with the Washford Mill site just north of Studley.
Former Gaumont cinema now a Night Club.
Plymouth Road, Southcrest
Ipsley Court was a 16th century country house, much altered in the 18th and 20th centuries, situated at Ipsley, which is now in commercial use.
Evesham Road, Crabbs Cross
Royal Enfield Social Club.
Royal Enfield's factory number 4 was located in Feckenham, about 6 miles from Redditch, in the location of a former needle factory overlooking the village green.