Click Title button for main menu
The Eagle Inn
Enlarge

William Knight


1860 - 1864

Mrs Maria Knight


1868

Reuben Houghton


1872 - 1874

William Poole


1875 - 1887

Mrs Mary Ann Poole


1888 - 1889

Charles Keyte


1890 - 1891

William Henry Johnson


1892 - 1896

Albert Parker Edwards


1897 - 1903

John Frederick Hobday


1904 - 1914

James Styler


1916 - 1927

James Sturges


1928 - 1940

The document below is a Mortgage on the Eagle Inn.  -  335 Evesham Road, Crabbs Cross.  It is dated 1885 and is between Emma Maria Peart and James Peart, a Fish Hook Maker.  Emma was the widow of Thomas Peart and we believe James was Thomas’s father.  Although the Pearts’ owned the Eagle Inn they did not run it. The Licencees are given in the list below.

The Pearts’ were Ale and Porter Agents and they lived at 4 Church Green East.

The Eagle Inn in 1910

Photograph & Licensees list from Alan Foxall’s Book - Old Redditch Pubs.           Original Mortgage Document owned by Elizabeth-Anne Peart of Batchley

Licensees

Click to enlarge